This may be the best YouTube app for Windows 8 phones hands down. It even blows away the official YouTube app by a few miles. Idea Creator Corp went all out in designing this app. I have tried quite a few YouTube apps and was disappointed in what was out there until I found this app. The design is pretty well thought out. Once you sign in you will notice your home page and see the latest videos from your subscriptions. Slide over to the next page and here you will find live tiles that will display your subscriptions, hot videos trending, uploads, playlists, my videos, favorites, recorded and playlist all in a nice neat layout.
When you are watching videos with YouTubeHD you can actually watch them in portrait mode which allows you to leave comments while the video is playing and play video in landscape mode. There is also an option for 3 different live tile color schemes which is pretty cool!
The Good Stuff:
- Download YouTube videos (supports resume broken downloads)
- Record and upload videos to YouTube (Resume broken uploads support)
- Background downloads
- Play the sound of the video under lock
- Playlist, Watch later, My Video supports
- Pin the Watch later, Playlist, Channel, Favorites to Live Tiles
- Share videos to your social networks, e-mail, and text messages
- Subscriptions, favorites and search support
- Comment in small screens while playing videos, Full screen in 16:9 or 4:3
- Offline playlist supports, play videos by shuffle model
- The tile icons in three styles
- Change quality(LQ,HQ,HD) while playing a video
Would you like to know what’s really cool about this app? It’s free and there are no ads in the app! Give it a try and see for yourself!
Christopher Trimble is a voice over artist, graphic designer and logistics expert currently residing in sunny Orlando Florida. He is currently producing and narrating an audiobook while exploring the boundaries of tech gear.