One day I was browsing the Microsoft Store to see if there were any Mech Assault like games just out of curiosity. I used to have that really crazy controller for the Mech Assault game for my first gen Xbox. After about 10 minutes or so I came across Robotek! It’s not quite a Mech Assault game however it is a very fun and addicting turn by turn game with great sound and super smooth graphics!
Here’s the scenario: Humanity has fallen and the rise of robots is starting to take place. Your job is to take back the world from the robots one node at a time! When you fire up Robotek you will notice the super smooth graphics of this game and the sound quality which is really amazing! When starting Robotek you will play your first level as a tutorial so you can get the hang of the game play. Once you complete the tutorial then you can start taking back the world one node at a time. The game play is a mix of RPG, action, strategy and slot machine. You hit the green arrow and try to match all three of your weapons to inflict serious damage on your opponent. This is a turn by turn game so plan your strategy carefully! Just a friendly warning: Robotek is very addicting with its game play and graphics!
Here’ the feature run down on Robotek:
- FREE online MULTIPLAYER.
- Unique blend of strategy, action and RPG.
- More than 200 levels spread around the world.
- Rewarding skill system with more than 30 levels.
- 9 upgradable slot symbols to fit your own style of play.
- 4 special abilities including the devastating Nuke.
- Play thrilling hotseat duels with your friends!
- Online hall of fame
- Signature sound by Kubatko
- 3 different tile sizes for your homescreen!
Robotek is FREE with NO ads blocking your gameplay! However you can make in app purchases which include:
However with any in-app purchase you get:
• Power & Coins
• Gain access to RECHARGE NODE
• Better Power gains for every victory
• Unlock the DUEL mode to play with friends
The developer also has a Strategy Guide for Robotek! So what are you waiting for? Go try Robotek for yourself!
Christopher Trimble is a voice over artist, graphic designer and logistics expert currently residing in sunny Orlando Florida. He is currently producing and narrating an audiobook while exploring the boundaries of tech gear.